“The Vermont Principals’ Association supports school leaders to improve the equity and quality of educational opportunities for all students.”
To support learners and leaders, the Vermont Principals’ Association believes in…
Executive Council Goals
- Supporting Children & Schools Around Resilience
- Collaborate with AOE to support Principals
- Early Learning – School-based full day
- Principal Retention, diversity recruitment and development of future Vermont leadership
- Continue to provide resources and support Vermont school leaders as we continue to work in growing equitable and thriving school communities:
Activities Standards Committee Goals
- Provide assistance and resources for schools as they deal with the Covid-19 situations
- Work with the VSADA to identify and provide resources and training to schools, coaches and officials around the issue of implicit bias
- Provide assistance and resources to schools around the issues related to mental health of students in extracurricular activities.
- Continue to review and update current VPA policies
Professional Learning & Support Committee Goals
- Provide Professional Learning opportunities that support “excellence through equity” for all students, including but not limited to the current ongoing offerings.
- In support of building collaboration and connections across members, we will continue to offer member drop-in zoom sessions, including topical drop-ins.
- Utilizing a 2021 version of the annual survey of VT school leaders about their given needs and interests, PL&S will develop additional professional learning and collaborative offerings.
- Produce the VPA 2022 Leadership Academy in Killington