The Vermont Principals’ Association supports school leaders to improve the equity and quality of educational opportunities for all students
To support learners and leaders, the Vermont Principals’ Association believes in…
- Principal Retirement
- Supporting Children & Schools Around Resilience
- Collaborate with AOE to support Principals
- Early Learning – School-based full day
- Review VPA policies as related to VT AOE initiatives and directives (Act 77/Act 46) Also, review and create policies as related to EC’s work
- Understand and recognize the prevalence of mental health issues in student athletes.
- Examine whether the VPA requirement of having an academic eligibility requirement is appropriate in a proficiency based learning educational system.
- Examine national and state policies.
Professional Learning & Support
- Provide Professional Learning opportunities that supports excellence through equity for all students.
- Annually survey school leaders about their Professional Learning needs and interests
- Develop a set of additional Professional Learning offerings, as requested and needed by Vermont Principals.
- Create Professional Learning Collaborative (partnerships)
- Develop and maintain resource library and professional learning calendar.
- Continue to develop multiple networking opportunities for Vermont principals
- Produce the VPA Leadership Academy
- Waddington Sustainability and Expansion
- Principal Retention