Class of 2020 induction ceremony is postponed.
New Date: FALL 2021, to be Finalized
Tickets – $45
To purchase tickets please make checks payable to “VPA”
Two Prospect Street, Suite 3, Montpelier, VT 05602
or call 802-229-0547 to pay by credit card.
The Hall of Fame was formed in January 2001 to honor and recognize outstanding individuals who through distinguished service and achievement, have excelled in one or more high school athletic programs or activities sponsored by the VPA. Those who are eligible may include the following:
a) School Administrators – Those individuals who distinguished themselves as school administrators – principals, assistant principals, athletic & activity directors. They may have ascended to other roles, but are being nominated for their contributions at the school level.
- Nominees must exemplify the highest standards of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and moral character.
- Nominees will be judged on their significant and/or long-term contributions to interscholastic activities and athletics on both a local and state-wide basis.
- The categories of administrator, athlete/activity participant, coach/activity advisor, official, media, and contributor are included on the nomination form in order to clarify which category the nominee is to be considered for. The categories exist for screening purposes only, in order to assist those making the nominations in considering the focus of the supporting information that will accompany the nomination.
- All candidates for the Hall of Fame, except for the category of student athletes/activity participants, must be at least 40 years of age prior to November 15th of the applicable year in order to be considered for induction. Student athletes/activity participants must be 25 years of age as of the same date.
The Selection Committee will place the nominees for the Hall of Fame in one of the following categories:
- Approved for Induction
- “Hold for Future Consideration”- a nominee may be considered again for induction in subsequent years.
- “Inactive for Consideration.” “Inactive” indicates the nominee may be considered for Hall of Fame induction at such time if/when additional information is received.
The VPA Hall of Fame Committee reserves the right to review and remove any existing member of the VPA Hall of Fame for egregious behavior or unprofessional conduct that opposes the VPA’s Mission and Hall of Fame’s high ethical expectations.
A nomination is considered to be complete when it contains the following materials:
- The nomination form, with all requested information and signatures completed.
- Three letters of recommendation, from the nominator and other appropriate individuals that speaks directly to the nominee’s qualifications for the HOF.
- Other support material, such as a limited number of newspaper clippings, magazine articles, copies of score books and statistics may be included to help substantiate the accomplishments and contributions of the nominee. These materials should focus on high school accomplishments and contributions and be listed in chronological order. This information is not required.
- All copies should be 8 1/2” x 11”.
- Nominators shall sign the VPA Hall of Fame Nomination Form.
- Please type all material so that the copy is legible.
- Do not use highlighters to point out specific facts; either underline or draw arrows to mark copy.
- Do not use notebooks with plastic sheet protectors.