Margaret Waddington left Vermont schools a great gift – one that could transform school leadership within a decade.
The late Dr. Margaret Waddington was one of the many individuals transformed by CCL’s flagship Leadership Development Program (LDP)®. So much so that the pioneering neurologist and resident of Rutland became a strong financial supporter of CCL and upon her passing in 2015, entrusted the organization with a multimillion dollar estate gift to ensure ongoing access to leadership development for women, men, and the young people of Vermont.
Efficacy Report (November 2020)
CCL Senior Evaluation Faculty Member, Dr. Micela Leis, has put together highlights of the data collected through Cohort #7.
WADDINGTON COHORT 10, Now Enrolled
- Session 1: June 22, 2021 – June 24, 2021 in Greensboro, North Carolina at the Campus of the Center for Creative Leadership, pending travel restrictions. Will be held remotely if necessary. (This is a three-day training)
- Session 2: September 28, 2021 & September 29 2021 to be held in Vermont. Site to be determined.(This is a two-day training)
- Session 3: March 22, 2022 & March 23, 2022 to be held in Vermont. Site to be determined. (This is a two-day training)
WADDINGTON PART 2, Cohort 1 Now Enrolled
- This new institute will continue the focus on leading self, but will also dig deeper into the strategic leadership that is needed to impact and improve the collective efficacy of a school or district in service of supporting both the academic and social emotional growth of students. Through new tools, assessments, simulations, coaching, and content, we will go deep into the work of leading high performing schools and teams. This new program will include assessments such as the Benchmarks for Education Leaders 360 (which was first introduce to Waddington leaders in Cohort 7), the Workplace Big 5, the 4 Mat learning styles, and other tools not used in the initial Waddington program. Experiential learning activities that focus on creating high performing systems and teams, building relational trust, and becoming more strategic as a leader are designed into the sessions. The sessions will also include a deep dive into Polarity Thinking and Mapping, Boundary Spanning Leadership, tools for thinking about and planning for the future of school leadership.
- Session 1: February 3 & February 4, 2021 will be held remotely
- Session 2: July 27, 28, 29, 2021, will be held in Greensboro, pending travel restrictions
- Session 3: Fall 2021, dates TBD
- Read this Center for Creative Leadership blogpost by CCL’s Micela Leis which features Vermont data regarding principal turnover. It connects the benefits of the investment in professional learning in comparison to the costs with principal turnover. The blog also shares this great piece of data: “Additionally, 91% of Waddington participants are still principals in Vermont compared to 56% of non-Waddington participants.”
Cohort #8 (to be completed, March 2021)
Cohort #9 (to be completed July 2021)
Cohort #2.1 (to be completed Fall, 2021)
Cohort #10 (to be completed March 2022)