- Provide and promote high quality professional learning relevant to Vermont school leaders
PL&S Committee Policy and Procedures:
Are you interested in joining the VPA’s Professional Learning and Support (PL&S) Committee? PL&S will fill three open “active member” seats and one “retired member” seat, beginning in August of 2021. Terms are three years. You can read more about PL&S here. If you are interested, please fill out this short statement of interest by April 16th, 2021.
- By policy, this committee shall have eleven members, elected by the school membership at the annual meeting. The committee will be facilitated by the Vermont Principals’ Association’s Assistant Executive Director. The membership of the committee shall represent the state of Vermont geographically, by grade configuration (elementary, middle and high school) and by gender. Members serve a three-year term, beginning at the September committee meeting, and have the option to renew for a second three-year term. In cases of vacancies, the VPA’s Executive Council will appoint a representative to complete the year (ending at the August meeting).
- The PL&S Committee will meet a minimum of five times during the school year, at least two of which will be in person. At either the May or August PL&S Committee meeting, the committee will elect a chairperson, or co-chairs. The chair(s) will work with the committee members and the Assistant Executive Director to develop a meeting schedule for the following year.
- Provide Professional Learning opportunities that support “excellence through equity” for all students, including but not limited to the current ongoing offerings.
- In support of building collaboration and connections across members, we will continue to offer member drop-in zoom sessions, including topical drop-ins.
- Utilizing the 2020 version of the annual survey of VT school leaders about their given needs and interests, PL&S will develop additional professional learning and collaborative offerings.
- Produce the VPA 2021 Leadership Academy
Committee Members 2020-21:
- Chair: Larry Fliegelman
- 2020-2021 Members: Frank Barnes, Jennefer Paquette, Jackie Ramsay-Tolman, John Tague, Elijah Hawkes, Betsy Knox, Deb Rodolfy, Christine Bourne, Keith Lyman.
- VPA Reps: Mike McRaith & Jay Nichols
- VSAC Reps: Cathy Printon & Dianne Griggs
Established in May of 2013, The VPA Professional Learning and Support Committee is one of three standing committees that support the members of the Vermont Principals’ Association.