The Together Leader: Plan, Prioritize and Protect Your Time
With Cadhla Ball (‘Keely’)
Thursday, September 26th, 2019
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Hotel Vermont, Burlington
Fee: $575 includes lunch, materials and Maia Heyck-Merlin’s book, The Together Leader
You will learn to:
- Align your time with your priorities by transposing your Ideal Week onto your electronic calendar
- Consolidate your many calendars into one Comprehensive Calendar with all deadlines included in one place
- Track your to-do’s and brainstorms with an Upcoming To-Do List
- Create Thought Catchers to capture your thoughts for colleagues and teams
- Utilize multiple Meeting Note methods to follow-up on next steps from check-ins and group meetings
- Tame the email monster by reflecting upon your own contributions, developing a strategic plan for how and when to answer email, formatting your own messages more effectively, and setting norms with your team
- Tackle the paper beast by intentionally arranging your desk and work bag, and crafting useful systems for transporting work between home and the office
- Identify your own habits (the good and the bad), preference for paper or technology-based systems, and awareness of energy levels to support a strong and smoothly-running organization system
- Utilize Google, Outlook, and other productivity apps with hands-on tutorials
- Fight the demons: perfectionism, procrastination, and distraction
You will receive:
- A complete electronic package of Together Leader or Professional templates for personal customization
- A packet with over 50 samples of organizational systems from leaders of diverse backgrounds, content areas, and approaches
- If applicable, a copy of The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success – and Sanity!
- A nifty folder including pre-prepped blank templates
Principals and CTE Directors, Assistant Principals and other school administrators. We especially encourage new school leaders to experience this training – it will help you get off on a very strong self-aware and organized track.
Cadhla (pronounced ‘Keely’) Ball
Cadhla’s nineteen years in education have focused on innovation in schools that create meaningful experiences for students and teachers. In recent years, she served as the Executive Director of Academics for Citizens of the World Charter Schools and the Managing Director of National Program for Citizen Schools. In these roles, she oversaw program design, curriculum development and program innovations for schools across the country. Cadhla spent the first ten years of her career as a teacher, and then as an instructional coach in NYC high schools.
Cadhla holds Masters degrees from Teachers College and Columbia University and lives outside of New York City with her husband and two young stand-up comics who claim to be her kids. As your facilitator, she is excited to help leaders maximize time, leverage their unique talents and enjoy their big jobs. On Saturdays, her Weekly Worksheet includes blowing off children’s birthday parties and pretending she’ll use her “make your own sushi” kit.